Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 March 2012

AMX-10P at the Singapore Army Museum

I went to the Singapore Army Museum today. More on that when I get a chance to write it up, but in the meantime I thought you guys might enjoy a couple of walkarounds I took of AMX-10P IFVs while I was there

NOTE: I previosly misidentified these as Bionix IFVs, my thanks to Costas Tsaganas for correcting my error





























































Not so many pictures of this one, largely because, as far as I can tell, the hull was identical to its partner

Thanks again Costas!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Too bad I missed this museum last time I visited Singapore. What other vehicles are there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    As noted above I incorrectly identified these and they are in fact AMX-10 IFVs

    In addition to these they have an M113, a mercedes 4 x 4 with rear mounted recoiless, a V100, a landrover ambulance on a bridge section, a light 4x4 on a plinth mounted LCVP, a comms truch and another tuck. I'll puboush pictures with the museum report

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. The AMX-10 was a french IFV that was sort of experimental use in SAF Armour. In my army days (mid-90s), only 1 battalion (out of 4 active) was using them. And after a sort while, they were quickly superseded by the Bionix local IFV. My own thoughts are that the Bionix development probably took a lot of ideas and copied from the AMX-10.

    ReplyDelete