Search This Blog

Monday 26 March 2012

A Sober Note of History in an Otherwise Pleasant Corner

Whilst perusing my handy map book looking for another place of modelling interest and how to get there I noticed a very small note:

'HS of Japanese Propaganda Dept HQ'

Strangely I'd already been past this spot a fair few times on my way to STORM DOMAIN and M Workshop. I'd noted the incredible SOTA Building, and what looked like a very nice facade from an art deco cinema.

I was in the area again today so I decided to take a look. I found no wartime ruins or memorial, just a simple but very informative sign:









The building as it was then:

And now:



A small reminder of the tragic and severe occupation of this small nation from 1942 to 1945 in a place that is now peaceful and optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment